Environment management system
Environment management system at tcs : An ISO 14001 environmental management system (or commonly referred to as an EMS) is a structured system designed to help organizations manage their environmental impacts and improve environmental performance caused by their products, services and activities. An environmental management system provides structure to environmental management and covers areas such as training, record management, inspections, objectives and policies.
Responsibilities of Environment management system are as follows:
- Development of an environmental policy that reflects its commitments;
- Identification of how the organization interacts with the environment;
- Establishment of environmental objectives, targets and programs;
- Continuous improvement of the organization’s environmental performance.
- Appointment of a person(s) responsible for its coordination;
- Monitoring and measurement of the progress to achieve its objectives;
- Identification of actual and potential environmental impacts;
- Reviewing the system and environmental performance; and
- Identification of relevant legal and other requirements;
Environment management system at tcs facilities – TCS Environmental Policy
TCS’ commitment to the environment stems from the Tata Group’s abiding concern for the environment, climate change and society, which is embodied in the TATA Code of Conduct, TATA Group Sustainability Policy and the TATA Climate Change Policy. Tata Consultancy Services recognizes environmental impact and climate change among the key sustainability challenges to businesses and society affecting economic stability, ecology and vulnerable communities. TCS is committed to assume a leadership role in environmental protection and climate change mitigation while pursuing our business aspirations for enhancement of shareholder value.
Environment management system at tcs facilities involves the implementation of Tata Consultancy Services is a global organization providing IT services, business solutions, and outsourcing to clients worldwide.
We recognize the direct impacts on the environment arising out of our operations and facilities due to consumption of resources like energy, water, etc. and generation of wastes. And we also realize the potential of our IT services and solutions to drive efficiencies through optimization and reduction of wastages which directly or indirectly reduces environmental / climate impact for our customers.
We shall strive to integrate a life cycle perspective into our environmental management processes to minimize our direct impacts on the environment while concurrently enhancing our services and solutions, to help customers improve their environmental and carbon performance towards meeting their own sustainability objectives.
TCS aims to fulfil its environmental commitments through the following broad-level actions:
- Integrate energy and environmental considerations into the design of our new infrastructural facilities.
- Improve resource efficiency in operations, especially for key resources such as energy and water.
- Reduce carbon footprint through energy efficiency measures and increasing the renewable energy component of our energy portfolio.
- Adopt a sustainable waste management philosophy in line with the concept of circularity through waste minimization, recycling and eco-friendly disposal according to regulatory requirements or industry best practice.
- Strive towards ‘greening’ our IT infrastructure and operations including data centers Adopt green procurement philosophy.
- Consider stakeholder expectations for improvement of our infrastructure, operations, processes, and solutions to the extent feasible.
- Set, monitor, benchmark and review objectives and targets on an ongoing basis towards achieving continual improvement. In environmental and climate performance and the overall environmental management system.
- Fulfill all environmental compliance obligations and wherever feasible, strive for beyond compliance’ leadership.
- Preserve and enhance biodiversity in our campuses.
- Engage and involve customers, vendors and contractors in our environmental sustainability journey by sharing our expectations. To collaboratively achieve our environmental objectives towards greening the supply chain.
- Report our environmental performance and contribution to climate-change related issues through relevant international. And national forums and to other stakeholders through appropriate communication channels.
- Communicate the environmental policy to all employees, customers, business associates. And other stakeholders and ensure it is available to the public.
- Review the environmental policy and allied management systems periodically to ensure their continuing applicability. And relevance to our operations and evolving stakeholder expectations.
- Strive to support various voluntary national and international protocols, conventions, and agreements on environment. And proactively engage with governmental and other agencies in driving future environmental policy and regulation.